Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tips on Cracking Madras(Chennai) University for Dummies


Madras University is said to be one of the most respected university in India. If you have a degree from Madras university, people will have a presumption that you are a Brainy. But the irony is that its VERY easy to pass an MU exam.

I was a computer science student of a private college affiliated by Madras University . In the first semester, I was quite confident about getting merit in all the subjects. I studied quite hard and wrote the exam to the perfection or that’s the way I used to write all my other exams……by the way… Did I tell you that I was a CBSE student? Yes I was and that’s the catch. In CBSE board you are supposed to understand a subject and then learn it. But its quite different in Madras University.

So, as you might have guessed that I didn’t score well in my first semester exams. Well it was among the top 5 in my class, but that’s not what I was expecting. So I was quite upset and moreover I fell for a chick in my class so it was for sure that I was going to flunk in next semester. I wasn’t attending any classes. The next exams came, I wrote them and was looking for some cool excuses to escape from my dad. But to my surprise I scored a more than decent set of marks in my exams.

Then I started looking for the reasons that lead to such a discrepancy :p.

The reasons were what I’m going to write now

  1. Improve your hand-writing. Yeah its true for every university, so you have to improve your handwriting. Well I have a very bad handwriting, so wasn’t scoring centum:p. But sometimes, bad handwriting gives you an advantage.;)

  1. Have good drawing skills: I noticed that girls are scoring better than guys. Its because they used to draw scenery (he he) on the first page. Their first page is quite impressive.

  1. Bring a set of sketch pens to exams : Give all the headings, question numbers, subheadings, with sketch pens. Also, underline the definitions and formulas with sketch pen. Use a good color combination.

  1. Fill up the answer sheets: You have paid for it, Isn’t it?. So don’t hesitate and use all the space that you can. Increase the font size. You know what I mean.;) try to leave as much space as you can, but be sensible in that.

  1. Draw page borders : It well help decreasing the space on the answer sheet as well as improve the aesthetic value of the page.

  1. Answer question cleverly: Just be specific in putting the first few lines and last Para. Most examiners will read only that.

  1. Try to read the examiners mind : Yeah its quite difficult. But you have to do it. Try to understand the factors that can be used to confuse the examiners. I will post them later.

  1. Be superficial : While answering a question don’t go in deep. Try to split an answer in as much portions as you can. Try to find as many sub headings as you can for an answer. That way, you will be able to waste more pages. ;)

  1. Summarize all your answers : Always summarize your answers. Do it in the beginning as well as in the end. You can summarize it in the beginning by giving the lsit of headings and subheadings and you give your personal comments in the end.

  1. Study!!: These tips might be useful in some circumstances, but study your subjects properly so that you can make the most out of it as you have a career to pursue.

1 comment:

  1. To some extent this post reflects the truth. But it means a sky diving when u consider subjects like Microbilogy, Biochemistry, Genetric.. On the other way the university has its reputation for competition.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Domain and blog for Sale